Monday, October 4, 2010

this is terrifying

I used to blog on myspace. and livejournal. Okay, confession time: I still blog on livejournal. You will likely never see these thoughts. Livejournal is my own private electronic padlocked diary where I still spew all of my bluthering emo kid...well, emotions. I whine about boys and why don't they like me the way I want them to and you know what sometimes I even write poems. Poems! Nobody writes poems anymore. Do you write poems? Even if you do I bet you answered with an over-confident NO because nobody writes poems anymore. It's embarrassing. And yet I cannot let my livejournal go. I log in every once in a while when I'm feeling particularly angsty and rattle off a few lines. This makes me feel better. like coke! except, you know, nerdy and mock-inducing instead of "cool." You know what else? I use metaphors. I use a shit ton of fucking metaphors. I am that abstract fucker you hate because you do not understand what the twisting vines of shattered nightmares are supposed to represent and am I talking about your face or is that someone else's face buried under a thousand imperfect snowflakes of lust. The thing is, it's not even anyone's face! The face is my poor, dusty heart you broke by not returning my text message or perhaps I stubbed my toe that day. I have reread things I posted years ago and haven't a clue wtf I meant by any of it. And yet I persist. Because it makes me feel better. Let me have this. I need it. or else it will come barreling through the streets over to here like the out of control blob of wayward emotions that it is. See? The metaphors are starting already. Okay technically that is a simile but I feel my original point is still valid.


Be happy it is there instead of here! YOU'RE WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment